Who We Are
Agency by Katie-Jane is a business which provides work-finding services to its clients and candidates and work-seekers. Agency by Katie-Jane must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, Agency by Katie-Jane acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to Agency by Katie-Jane directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a job board. Agency by Katie-Jane must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
1. Collection and use of personal data
Purpose of processing and legal basis
Agency by Katie-Jane will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services are set out below:
The below information is used to provide our services to you in our capacity as an employment business /agency to find you suitable work whether on a temporary or permanent basis based on your requirements.
Where Agency by Katie-Jane has relied upon a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests are as follows:
- To match your skill sets with job vacancies to assist in finding you the positions that most suit you
- To put your details forward to our clients and prospective employers to be considered for vacancies
- To place you with our clients and prospective employers
- To keep you informed of available opportunities as they arise
- To keep you informed of the services offered by us
- To maintain adequate records of activity within our business
Where Agency by Katie-Jane has relied on a legal obligation to process your personal data our legal obligations are as follows:
- To establish that you have the right to work
- To undertake relevant security and criminal record checks as required by our clients and prospective employers and as permitted by law
- To deal with any medical and health and safety issues relating to certain positions
- To put in place contractual arrangements and documentation once a role has been secured
- To pay you if placed
Where Agency by Katie-Jane is processing your personal data based on your consent rather than any other legitimate interest, we will do so in line with our retention policy. Upon expiry of that period Agency by Katie-Jane will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted Agency by Katie-Jane will cease to process your personal data.
Recipients of data
Agency by Katie-Jane may process your personal data with the following recipients:
Pension service, HMRC, statutory Government departments, Clients and other companies which may from time to time be nominated by yourself.
Your personal data is required by law or a contractual requirement (eg our client may require this personal data), or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. You are obliged to provide the personal data and if you do not the consequences of failure to provide the data means we will not be able to represent you for work finding services and may result in incorrect pay, pension and tax deductions which may not be recoverable.
2. Data retention
Agency by Katie-Jane will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Where Agency by Katie-Jane has obtained your data through consent via a direct application or a publicly enabled expression of interest via a job board for example, the data we will hold is:
- Your name and date of birth
- Contact details including your address, phone number and email address
- Work history and information regarding education and training certificates
- Job preferences including role, geographical areas and salary
Personal data held in respect of individuals that have worked for us previously or may work for us is as follows:
- Driving license, passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate and adoption certificate
- Permits and visas
- DVLA check
- National Insurance number
- Full details of assignments, job offers, placements and performance
- DBS checks for certain roles
- Medical and criminal information provided by yourself
- Bank account details and payment history
- Telephone, email and written communication we have had with you
3. Your rights
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data Agency by Katie-Jane processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data Agency by Katie-Jane processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to Agency by Katie-Jane processing your personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting Katie-Jane Crosbie email@example.com
4. Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact: Katie-Jane Crosbie firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.
5. Website Specific
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service